Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Simple

Is!
Parmenides

The mystical Greek philosopher
   who lived and worked in 5th century Italy
      could not have stated his wonder any more simply.
In English his entire statement is made up
   of a vowel, a consonant, and an exclamation point.
My interpretation is this:
Time is!
The universe is!
This solar system is!
Our earth is!
This life is!
This moment is!
When we are aware in our aliveness,
   and alive in our awareness,
      then each of these statements deserves,
         even more, requires,
            an exclamation point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you for starting this blog. You have beautiful photos and wonderful thoughts.
I found your Willowgreen site first as it was a link on the TAPS website. I am a mom of a fallen soldier and when my brain seems to fall into the chaos of grief, it is peaceful and refreshing to read your posts and reflect.
again, thank you.